Saturday, January 7, 2012

Inspiration in the Cold - or not so Cold

So January does not seem to have reared it's nasty, snowy, cold head yet, though I'm thinking as I type this that I've probably just jinxed all of northeastern upstate NY to a plethora of wintery days to come, just remember in the future, it's okay to blame me, I can take it. The days during the week are hard to get through right now, the 'after the holiday blahs' have set in, but I just keep reminding myself that we're over the hump, the shortest day is in the rear view mirror now, so in that regard we're on the downhill side. BUT there is the lovely northern weather that we have to get through to get there, somehow we'll muddle through.  I know, why is she talking about the weather? The fact that it was 47 today, and I was able to wonder around through doing my errands in a sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers made my week. So onto the fun of Project 365, I've managed to make myself take a picture every day so far, follow through, not something I'm always good at, so managing to get through a full week, I give myself a 'tiny' pat on the back.
On to the Pictures!

5/365
So Thursday night had me wondering where to start, it was night time, and rather overcast, so getting a good outside photo wasn't really an option. I started looking around and found it in the reflections of everything around me, photos of puppies reflected in mirrors, reflections in windows, anything I could find with a reflection. Of all the reflections I found, this one combined 2 things I absolutely love, I'm fascinated by the sea, and shells, and all the peace I associate with being by the ocean. And the holidays, even though they are over, I haven't brought myself to take down the tree, this is the last weekend, it's overdue, so seeing the Christmas tree so perfectly reflected in the images of the ocean just seemed so harmonized to me that I had to share. enjoy!


6/365
Casanova is the first of the babies to make a 2nd appearance in the photos, and so soon, but I went to take pictures of our first Christmas tree together before we take it down on Sunday, and he decided that he wanted to show the Christmas tree that he loved it too. He was under there chewing on the branches and rubbing against them and I just had to get down there and catch him in the act. Too precious to miss him peaking out from the little haven behind the tree.

7/365
I've titled this one "Winter Clouds." This was a 3AM shot last night. The puppies decided that they needed a middle of the night pee break, and when I went outside I looked up, and inspired by the moon peaking through the rolling clouds that looked like the under side of the waves. I ran back inside to grab the camera while the puppies meandered around the yard. The sky reminded me of waves rolling in to break when you dive underneath and look up at the bottom side of them and see how powerful they really are. When I took the photo it was rather dark, I did a lot of editing to this one bringing out the brightness of the moon/clouds against the dark landscape.


So there we are, back up to date on the blogging and getting the photos edited and uploaded! Happy 1st 7 days of 2012 being behind us! I'm just counting down the days 'til the 1st day of Spring now!

No comments:

Post a Comment