Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Photo a Day

To say the first few days of 2012 have been as creatively satisfying as I would like would be an utter and total lie. Even if it's right before I go to bed and it's still pictures, crazy pictures or just plain odd pictures I'm going to stick to project 365. I think it's rather fateful I found it on 1/3/12, in searching for creative inspiration for my new years resolutions and still have 364 days for the year, though I've used up my mulligan and do one catch up picture.(I'm rather OCD and kind of a stickler for following things to the letter) :-) Thanks 2012 for starting off inspiring, even if I haven't had a chance to walk the hills and take full advantage of it. So below are my  photos from the 1st 2 days of actively making sure to take pictures each day (and one makeup picture, or one animal might get jealous that he wasn't included and a makeup pictures I edited from the NYC trip that my boyfriend and I took last month.
I started with easy targets, the cats (one too camera shy to get any good shots, the other a total ham) and the dogs, as we all know it's an uphill climb from there. It's hard to hit it out of the park right out of the starting gate, so some edits were called for on these photos, the little buggers like to move right at the moment where I think I'm going to get that perfect picture! Hope you enjoy them and happy inspiration hunting to you all!



 1/365   Little Italy Looking Uptown
My first time there, my boyfriend took me there and showed me all around. The lights in the city at Christmas are so captivating I know I ran into more than 1 angry New Yorker in my time acting like a total tourist, but got some good shots out of it, so worth a few "darn tourist" grumbles.






2/365 The Puppy
Our puppy Barkley is so curious about everything we do, but he wasn't keen on the Red Eye reduction light on the camera, hence the extremely hesitant look
3/365 The Master Poser
And then we have our dog that is 3, he's used to me shoving the camera in his face, and though he only tolerates it for a few flashes before he won't look at me anymore, sometimes I manage to get a good one of his regal face before he turns into a photographic snob.
4/365
Today's subject? Mr. Casanova
Total crazy man will do anything for some loves, right down to biting fingers because I'm paying more attention to trying to get a picture instead of petting him, good thing he wasn't hungry too, I might have lost a hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment